I want try use encoder on my VESC, in order to improve low speed (I'm using it on a cablecam). But I have I have a lot of doubts, and I do not find many answers.
I will make a list of the questions, hoping that they can also serve others in the future.
1) I read everywhere about encoder AS5047p. Many people tried other encoder (like AS5048A or AS5047D) but they have some problem, like that the VESC don't read all bit and need to compile a firmware for fix it. Actually is not easy to find the AS5047p, expecially with board. I found some IC and I'm designing a board, but there is many others encoder with similar performance (Ak7452 to say one). Question is, What features must exactly have an encoder to work well with VESC? SPI? ABI? Why around the web all people speak about at AS5047p only?
2) Many people connected the encoder in SPI, some others people speak about ABI. Whats is better?
3) And, I'm using a Vesc 6 from flipsky. In order to use the encoder, need it modification to the input (remove filter - I found this info only about old hardware)?
4) If I don't want modify the VESC, canI use other input, using standard firmware? Or in some way?
5) Modification is needed only for SPI or for ABI, too?
Than you in advance for for help.